AMU M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2017 Online Application Form, Imp Dates | amu.ac.in: Takes cognizance of Ph.D. / M.Phil. Admission Test 2017 for Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy / Master of Philosophy Program for the Academic Year 2017 – 18, an Official Communiqu\xe9 in re Registration for the Admission Test is likely soon and would like to briefly state in the subsequent Paragraphs:
AMU M.Phil | Ph.D Admission 2017
Application in response to the Controller of Examinations Notification for Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy / Master of Philosophy Program shall take place. We do anticipate the Office of the Controller of Examinations to shortly issue Detailed Notification in respect of Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy / Master of Philosophy Program.
- The Candidates Eligible for Admission into the M. Phil. / Ph.D. Program in more than one Faculty of the Aligarh Muslim University may apply for the same but such Candidates will have to fill in separate Application Form for each Faculty.
- The Candidates Eligible for Admission into the M. Phil. / Ph.D. Program in more than one Department / Center / Unit in the same Faculty of the University might apply for Admission in not more than Two Disciplines.
- All the Candidates shall submit the duly filled-in Application Form in the Office of Controller of Examinations (COEs) on or before the Last Date announced by the University.
- Exemption from appearing in the Ph.D. Admission Test (PDAT) as per proviso 3.1(ii) – (iii) of Chapter XXV of Ordinances (Academic) will be applicable to only those Candidates who are Eligible for the same on the notified Last Date of receipt of the Application Form and have attached Documentary Proof of the same with their Application Form.
Post Graduate / Master’s Degree with Minimum 55% Marks in the Subject concerned as mentioned in the Office of the Controller of Examinations notified Notification.
Conduct of Admission Test:
|Date||Venue||Paper I||Paper II (First Choice)||Paper II (Second Choice)|
|To be notified by the Controller of Examinations||To be notified by the Controller of Examinations||Forenoon||Afternoon||Late Afternoon|
|100 Marks||100 Marks||100 Marks|
(i) The Candidate shall be required to appear in Paper I at the Faculty Level and Paper II of the Department(s) / Center(s) / Unit(s) where he / she is Eligible and wishes to enroll himself / herself in the M.Phil. / Ph.D. Program in a Faculty.
(ii) Examination of the Papers I & II shall be held on the same day as per the following scheme unless modified by prior Notification by the Controller of Examinations:
(iii) The Controller of Examinations shall coordinate the holding of the M. Phil. / Ph.D. Admission Test through a Coordinator to be appointed for the same by the Vice Chancellor.
(iv) Copies of Optical Mark Recognition Based Answer Sheet Containing Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions Papers of Paper I and Paper II shall be provided to the Candidates.
AMU M.Phil | Ph.D Application Form 2017
Admission Test Paper and its Evaluation:
(i) Paper I (for 02 (TWO) Hours Duration) carrying Maximum 100 Marks comprising One Hundred Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type each assigned 01 (One) Mark consists of Three Sections with the following Distribution of the Marks:
General Awareness: 40%
English Language: 20%
(ii) In case of the Faculties with more than one Department, the Dean of the Faculty concerned shall Admission Test set the Paper in consultation with up to Five available Chairmen of his / her Faculty. The Paper shall be moderated by the Dean together with 03 available Senior-most Professors of the Faculty, who ordinarily shall not be the Admission Test Paper-Setters.
(iii) In a Single Department Faculties, the Dean of the Faculty concerned shall ordinarily seek the Assistance of Three Senior-most Teachers (Professors and Associate Professors) available for delegated the responsibility of setting the Admission Test Paper. The paper shall be moderated by the Dean along with 03 available senior most teachers of the Faculty who ordinarily shall not be the Paper-Setters.
(iv) The Coordinator, Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit (IBU) shall have the Admission Test Paper set and moderated in consultation with available three Teachers of the Unit
(v) There will be Negative Marking in the Evaluation and 25 Percent of the Marks shall be deducted for Wrong Answers.
(vi) To obtain Minimum 30% Marks in Paper I shall be essential for a Candidate to be Eligible for Admission into M.Phil. / Ph.D. Program but the Marks of Paper I shall not be taken into account in determination of the Final Merit of the Candidates.
(vii)Answer-Papers for Paper II of the Candidates who fail to qualify in Paper I shall be disregarded.
- There shall be a separate Paper-II for each Discipline for which the Vacancies have been notified
- Paper II, carrying 100 Marks shall have TWO Sections (i.e., Section A and Section B).
- Section A of Paper II shall consist of 50 Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions, carrying 01 (One) Mark each. The Multiple Choice Questions shall cover, as far as possible equitably, all Specializations offered in the Department.
- Section B of Paper II shall consist of 10 20 Short Conventional Answers to Subjective Type Questions totaling 50 Marks. These Narrative Questions will be exclusively based on the broad Areas of Specializations. (If a Department offers Three Fields of Specializations, then there have to be Three Sets of the Short Answer Questions covering each and the Candidate shall be required to attempt only One Set corresponding to his / her Choice of Specialization).
- The Chairman of the Department / Director of Center / Coordinator of Unit shall design the Format for Sections A and B of Paper II and arrange for its Evaluation through Senior Teachers available, ordinarily Professors and Associate Professors. The Paper shall be set in consultation with the 1 or 2 Teachers available ordinarily not below the Rank of Associate Professors from each Specialization of the Department. The Paper shall be moderated by the Chairman together with two available Senior-most Teachers who shall not ordinarily be the Admission Test Paper-Setters.
- The Admission Paper-Setters, as far as possible, shall evaluate the Admission Test Papers and the Chairman shall inform the Office of Controller of Examinations the Names of the Assessors (Evaluators).
- Evaluation of Paper-II will be carried out only after coding the Test Question Answer Booklets of the Candidates who qualify Paper I.
- There will be Negative Marking in Evaluation and 25% of the Marks shall be deducted for Wrong Answers in Section A of Paper II.
- The Candidates having secured 45% or higher Marks in Paper II (Aggregate / Combined in both Sections A and B) shall be invited for Personal Interview / Viva-voce for Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program and those having obtained 40% or more but less than 45% Marks shall be invited for Interview for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Program.
- The Candidates scoring above 45% Marks may, however, be invited for Interview for Admission into M.Phil. Program; if they so desire and indicate this in their respective Applications for Admission.
- Specialization-wise Merit List of the Written Admission Test shall be prepared by the Chairmen of the respective Departments / Directors of Centers / Coordinator, IBU, based on the Candidates individual Performance in Paper II only. This List will be declared within 07 Days of conduct of the Admission Test.
- Interviews shall be held in 2-3 Weeks of Declaration of the Merit List.
- The Interview Board in each Department shall consist of the Chairman and 03 (Three) Senior-most Teachers of the Department and the Chairman may co-opt additional Members for covering fields of Specialization not covered by those of the Members of the Board, if necessary.
Overall Merit List and Offer of Admission (i) For the preparation of overall Merit List, 50% Weight age shall be given to the Marks obtained in Paper II, 25% Weight age to Performance in Personal Interview and 25% Weight age to the Marks obtained by a Candidate in his / her Qualifying Examinations. In cases where Grades are awarded at Master’s Level, these will be converted into Marks.
In case of National Eligibility Test / Junior Research Fellow and other Candidates exempted from appearing in the Admission Test, 50% Weight age shall be given to Personal Interview and 50% Weight age to the Marks obtained by them in the Qualifying Examination. However, Foreign Nationals shall be considered for Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy / Master of Philosophy on the basis of their respective Merit in the Qualifying Examination only, subject to the approval by the BOS of the Synopsis of the proposed research work submitted by them with their Applications Form.
(ii) Depending on the number of seats available in each specialization, provisional admission, subject to recommendations of BOS and approval of CASR, shall be offered through a specialization-wise merit list. Candidates shall be asked to join within a period of One Month from the Date of Offer made to them. Under exceptional circumstances, an additional One Month period may be given to the Candidates selected to join the Program.
(iii) The Vacancies, arising out of any Candidate’s failure to join within the stipulated time, shall be filled from amongst the Candidates in the Merit List, by the Committee for Advanced Studies & Research (CASR) on the recommendation of the BOS prior to last Date of Admissions notified by the Office of the Controller of Examinations.
In case of Clarifications, Assistance, Guidance, the Candidates are hereby advised to log into Aligarh Muslim University Information Portal www.amu.ac.in
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Press Click here on AMU Website for Ph.D. / M.Phil. Admission Application Form.
Press Click here on AMU Website to check out the Syllabus Contents for Ph.D. / M.Phil. Admission Test 2017.
Press Click here on AMU Website to check out the Syllabus Contents for Ph.D. / M.Phil. AdmissiOn Test 2017.
If you like our post, don’t forget to hit the share and like button. Keep sharing on Facebook, twitter and other social websites!! For More Updates you can subscribe my blog.