Mu Sigma OFF On Campus Drive Interview Process Experience:
Mu Sigma Company Profile:
Mu Sigma works with market leading companies across multiple verticals, solving high impact business problems in the areas of marketing, Supply Chain and Risk Analytics. With over 50 Fortune 500 clients and about 1500 analytics professionals, Mu Sigma has disrupted the analytics industry by integrating the disciplines of business,math and technology in a sustainable global model. Further, analytical assets developed by Mu Sigma’s innovation and development team ensure a competitive edge to clients. Mu Sigma is head-quartered in Chicago with its main delivery center in Bangalore, India and is arguably the world’s largest pure play decision sciences and analyitics services company.
Mu Sigma TDS Job Profile:
Job Description : Trainee Decision Scientist
- Communicate effectively with client/onsite personnel and document understanding and action items from meetings.
- Assist in delivering well organized reports, dashboards, data analysis and statistical models.
- Ensure error-free and high-quality outputs to the client / manager.
- Documents work effectively to ensure that the manager / client are comfortable with both work-in-process and end deliverables.
- Actively gathers and shares domain related knowledge in forums within the organization.
- Manages his / her time well to contribute to at least one organization initiative.
- All 2012 / 2013 BE / B.Tech candidates with 60% and above in 10th, 12th and UG.
- If you are an engineering graduate who loves playing with mathematical numbers and if science of collection, organization, and interpretation of data excites you, then Mu Sigma is the perfect industry to start your career.
Hiring Process : Online-test + Group Discussion + Video Synthesis + Personal Interview
Work Location : Bangalore
Salary Offered : 21 lacs in 3 yrs and there is bond (Either serve for 3 years or return 5 Lakh bonus and serve 6 months notice period)
Mu Sigma TDS Off On Campus Interview Process and Experience :
I am sharing herein my Mu Sigma offcampus recruitment drive held at Delhi in October, 2014. There were approx. 1500 candidates form different institutes all over the country. Only those candidates were allowed to appear in the drive who fulfill the above criterion as well as their college must be registered in mu-sigma. It was a two day process first day was only online test and second day the entire process of the short listed candidates.
First Day :
- Firstly there was verification regarding the identity and a form was given to fill the mu-sigma information form and then they have provided the user id and password which will be later used in online test conducted by Cocubes.
- In online test there were 3 sections and 35 minutes duration (Objective type).
- In this drive may be cutoff was low so hopefully around 40% were shortlisted for the next round. They will send u an email or may be call u for getting shortlisted.
- First of all there is a presentation about company and job profile, package and then there is a sort of interaction between the company hr and students. I think there is a myth that if u ask questions and interact during this session u will get noticed but in actual it doesn’t matter rather than i’ll suggest if u have good questions to ask then go on otherwise just be seated and listen carefully. Generally, the questions asked are related to mu sigma(name) , future aspect, growth, big data, decision science, package and bond.
- After presentation generally there is a GD round but in this particular drive they have conducted video synthesis round and case study (new) round prior to GD and then have announced the combined result after which candidates get shortlisted for personal interview. In this round they have shortlisted one seventh (approx. 20) of the remaining.
- In GD round a group is formed and there are 6-8 members in each group.There may be any topic in Gd but in this drive some of them includes : Democratic government or dictatorship which is better, abstract topic like black & white, who is better manager men/women, etc.I would suggest that there is no need to prepare for GD just be familiar with the abstract topics and be confident.
- Now my experience say that there are two ways to clear the GD round (straight forward). First there is a hell lot chaos during GD and no one is listening to u so if HR doesn’t interrupt in b/w then u have to shout and try to get the attention anyhow and just put your points don’t think it would be wrong to interrupt.Second if HR interrupts and ask to say one by one then u have got it man just be confident, specific and don’t stop until hr ask to stop and at last just try to get the opportunity to summarize everything (if u do so u r through).
- Personal Interview is the last stage which requires both your performance as well as luck. Since, luck is not in your hand so u have to perform well and give your best. In this drive first of all they have asked to explain the case study and video synthesis which was already done prior to GD round.Now you have to explain all the points you have written in the case study and about video. Then they have asked general hr qus like about yourself, hobbies,etc. Then they have given a puzzle to solve.At last if u have any qus u can ask.
- In video synthesis round they have shown a video clip of movie Gandhi (which i came to know later on) and then you have to write the theme of the video shown (i.e. what u get to know or can learn from the clip).
- In case study they have mentioned that there is a telecom company in USA and provided some data like call/per day, wait time , etc. so what can be the probable business questions that u can answer using this data.
- Puzzle was like there is a 3×3 matrix you have to fill 1-9 such that the sum of each row, column and diagonal should be equal. One more was there are two time sand glasses one of 11 hr and another of 7 hr u have to calculate 15 hrs.
Hope you enjoyed this article and gained information about Mu Sigma TDS Off On Campus Drive Interview Process Experience. For more details stay connected with us. Also, you can put your queries in Comment Box, we will respond quickly.Don’t forget to share this article with your near dears on social media sites such as Facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, digg, google plus, linkedin, stumbleupon, etc. Be Happy