What is Biotin?
Biotin is a vitamin and like other vitamins, it is necessary for the body for different functions. Biotin comes under B Complex category and it is also called Vitamin H. Biotin synthesizes inside body as well we consume it from outside in the form of food.
Benefits Of Biotin:
Biotin is necessary for scalp hair, glowing and shining hair, the growth of nails and glowing skin as well. So, the proper amount of Biotin is necessary for your body if you want perfect skin, hair and nails. Let’s take it one by one:
- Biotin for hair: Biotin is one of the essential components to grow your hair. It promotes the hair growth as well as it prevents hair fall. Our body doesn’t release required amount of biotin in our body, We must take it from outside of the body in the form of supplements or biotin rich food.Biotin also gives the strength to the hair, so it will be beneficial for those who have thin hair.
- Biotin for Nails: Similarly like hair, biotin helps in growth of nails. It makes it strong and healthy.
- Biotin for Skin: Biotin can give you glowing and fresh skin. It helps in preventing loosening of skin and makes you look more younger with tighter skin.
As I already told you, our body also produces biotin but the quantity is not enough and we need biotin from outside of the body. Biotin can be consumed in two ways:
We can consume it in the form of supplement. There are many tablets available in the market which you can easily consume it once in a day. It costs around Rs. 5-15 per tablet. But make sure your tablet has all 9 essential and non-essential amino acids for best results. Follihair new is one of the best tablets as it has 8 out of 9 amino acids and it costs you around 8 Rs. Per tablet.
Note: Before consuming any tablet, consult your doctor so it doesn’t make any side effects to your body.
Biotin Rich Foods:
You can consume biotin from your daily diet in the form of food. You just have to improve your diet plan. It is preferable as it is the natural source of biotin. So here are the common food items which have abundant Biotin in it:
- Almonds, Walnut and Peanuts: Almonds are the best source of biotin. Consume 5 almonds daily in your diet (I prefer in the morning). To get the best results, soak almonds in water for few hours (preferably overnight) and peel the outer layer of almond and then consume it. An outer layer of almond has an enzyme in it which prevents the absorption of nutrients in our body. If you eat almond without peeling of the outer layer, it reduces the absorption by 80% and 80% of nutrients go unabsorbed. Peanuts or peanut butter and Walnuts are also the good sources of Biotin and protein.
- Berries: Some berries like Cranberries, Strawberries and Raspberries are the good source of biotin. For best results, consume in its normal form instead juices, shakes and dried form.
- Vegetables: Biotin is present in some of the vegetables like cauliflower, spinach, soybean, cucumber, cabbage.
- Dair Products: Another good source of biotin is dairy products like Milk, Cottage cheese, Eggs, etc. They are very healthy as along with biotin, it contains calcium also.