5 Great things to know about RIP CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed: The chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir Mufti Mohamed Sayeed passed away at the age of 79, on Thursday morning, after barely one year in the office as the chief minister of the state. Sayeed is survived by his wife Gulshan Ara and kids Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed, Mehmooda Sayeed, Rubaiyya Sayeed and Mufti Tasaduq Sayeed. He was the 12th chief minister of the state and will be succeeded by his daughter Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed, who will be the first woman chief minister of the state. Here are some things that you must know about the Late Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.
5 Great things to know about RIP CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed
1. After entering the coalition with BJP ahead of recent elections, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed took charge as chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir on March 1 last year.
2. Mufti Sayeed earlier served as the chief minister of the state from November 2, 2002, to November 2, 2005.
3. Other than his two terms as the chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir, he also served as the Union home minister from December 1989 to November 1990.
4. While Sayeed was serving as the home minister, his daughter Rubaiya was kidnapped by the terrorists and she was freed in exchange for the release of five militants.
5. The People’s democratic party (PDP) was found by Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in July 1999.
Hope you enjoyed this article and gained information about 5 Great things to know about RIP CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed. For more details stay connected with us. Also, you can put your queries in Comment Box, we will respond quickly.Don’t forget to share this article with your near dears on social media sites such as Facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, digg, google plus, linkedin, stumbleupon, etc. Be Happy