After storming the telecom market last year, Jio is close to its end of Happy New Year Offer and everyone including users and incumbent networks are thinking what will be the next move of Jio after 31st March. Reliance Jio brings Jio prime subscription which is again a threat to all other telecom networks. Here are the all details of Jio Prime Subscription:
What is Jio Prime Membership?
Under Jio Prime Subscription, customers are asked to pay Rs. 99 as one-time enrollment fee for this offer and customers can avail the benefit of this subscription till 31 March, 2018. After taking prime membership, customers can avail the benefits of Happy New Year Offer in which they are getting unlimited 4G with capping of 1Gb per day and unlimited voice calls plus all over India roaming free. But they have to pay Rs. 303 per month as monthly rental. With 303 rupees, effective cost will be Rs.10 per day which is cheaper than a 200 ml cold drink nowadays.
Here are the common doubts of customers which I am trying to focus:
- Ques: I am a postpaid customer. Will I have to pay upfront for Jio Prime membership or I can choose to reflect it in my monthly bill?
To avail Prime membership, you have to pay Rs. 99 upfront similar like a prepaid recharge. You can’t pay it later after generating first bill.
- Ques: Unlimited Night data is still available in Jio Prime Membership?
Since Jio is providing disproportionate amount of data throughout the day, there is no differentiation in day or night. So you will get 1GB of data and you can use it any hour of day.
- What if I do not recharge monthly?
Jio will give you 90 days in which only incoming is active but number will get disconnected after 90 days.
- Ques: Does the 149 plan have a 1000 minute talktime cap per day?
There is no capping in voice calling. Jio is dedicated to give you unlimited calls in any plan. They will charge only for data not for calling.
How To Get Jio Prime Benefits:
Jio has given you two options through which you can avail the benefits of Jio Prime membership:
- If you are an existing Jio customer, then there is no need to buy new Jio sim but you can simply avail the benefits by getting a recharge done of Rs. 99.
- If you are not an existing Jio customer, then you should get a Jio sim before 31st March, 2017 and get the recharge done of Rs. 99 and avail the benefits of Jio Prime membership.