Gatimaan Express is India’s first semi high speed train that will run at a speed of 160 km/h between Hazrat Nizammudin station and Agra Cantonment station.It will cover 188 km distance between Hazrat Nizzamudin and Agra in just 100 minutes.
Gatimaan Express is faster than Shatabdi Express which takes 117 minutes to cover 188 km distance.It will be even faster than Delhi-Bhopal New Delhi Habibganj Shatabdi Express that runs at a speed of 155 km/h between Delhi and Agra.
Gatimaan Express-India’s Fastest Train
The train is named ‘Gatimaan Express’ because it reduces the travelling time between Delhi and Agra to just 100 minutes. The cost of the train is around Rs. 50 crore.
It is all set to run between Delhi and Agra from 5th April,2016.The train will be flagged off by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu at 10 a.m. today.
- The train provides comfortable seating arrangements to the passengers.There is no sleeping arrangements.
- There are Baggage and Catering facilities that will be provided to the passengers.
- Free Wi-Fi facility is also there for the passengers.
- There are 12 coaches and each coach is fitted with bio-toilets.
- Ther are train hostesses in each coach to serve both vegetarian and non vegetarian food.
- To keep the passengers entertained,LCDs are fitted at the back of each seat.
Train has 2 category of seats : Executive Chair Car category and the AC Chair Car category.It has 12 coaches and there are hostesses in each compartment to provide services to the passengers.The train hostesses will serve food,provide newspapers and magazines to the passengers.The hostesses will serve both Indian and Continental cuisine.
The basic idea behind the concept of train hostesses is to provide the world class facilities in train journey just as they are provided in Air Travel.
The train’s fare will be 25 per cent higher than Shatabdi Express.It will run six days a week .It will not provide service on Friday because ‘The Taj Mahal’ remains closed on Friday.
Gatimaan Express will be a boon for tourists who will visit India to see one of the Wonders of the World-‘The Taj Mahal’.Finally India’s wait for the fastest train will be over today.
Planning to visit Agra? Then Hurry Up!!!!Gatimaan Express will take you to your destination in just 100 minutes.