If you wish to make a VoLTE call however you do not have a VoLTE phone, there is no need to worry. Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched an amazing android application – JioJoin. JioJoin solves your problem for zero cost to you, as it can be downloaded for free from the Google Playstore.
It provides you with a wonderful experience since it has the ability to use voice and data network at the same time. So, you can call any mobile or any landline using your LTE phone/tablet or your 2G/3G phones. This feature makes this application stand apart from all other applications (like Whatsapp, Line, Skype, Hike, Viber etc). You can use this application on your 2G/3G phones using a JioFi device.
What is VoLTE ?
VoLTE technology is not so widespread in India, so you probably do not know what VoLTE is! VoLTE is an acronym for Voice over LTE, which means that there is no dependency on (or ultimately, requirement for) the legacy circuit-switched voice network to be maintained.
With the help of JioJoin, you can make crystal quality voice calls or even video calls to any mobile number or a landline number. You can use any data connectivity (wifi, mobile hotspot, Jio sim data) to use this application, provided that the Jio sim is present in your device, as this application is for the Jio customers only. You can use this application via two ways:-
1) For LTE devices you should have a Jio sim in the phone
2) For 2g/3g devices use JioFi device containing Jio sim in it.
Jio Join Uses and Features
- If you have a Jio sim in your LTE mobile and you use Jio Join the App takes over the dialer pade. there is no need to open the application separately
- For those who are using Jio Join application through JioFi device or some other network operator, a pop up appears every time you make a call from your default dialer pad offering you two options – use cellular network for normal calls or use Jio network for VoLTE calls
- JioJoin has a Rich-call feature through which you can also send your location, photo or a brief message to the receiver so that he knows the subject of the call before picking it up. You can also mark a call as urgent for it to be answered on a high priority.
- JioJoin also offers you a video calling feature in which you undergo a new and amazing video calling experience. You can connect upto 5 users for Video conferencing
- The App layout is very simple and informative as it has all the options (mute and unmute the microphone or speaker, switch on/off the camera, call hold, pull up the dialer pad, send a text message, switch between front and back camera or attach and send a file) available on a single screen
- You can send messages to both Jio and non Jio users
- You can send only messages to the non Jio users whereas you can send messages, emoji, photos, video, pdf and zip files to the Jio customers
Highlights of JioJoin Application:
- You can make HD VoLTE calls even with your 2G/3G phones using JioFi device
- If yor have a LTE(4G) phone then you can directly make VoLTE calls using your Jio sim
- You can make calls to both Jio Join and non Jio Join users (mobile and landline)
- You can send a rich message which contains your location, photo and a brief message
- You can also set urgency for your call
- You can also make Video calls with upto 5 people in conferencing
Feel free to comment your thoughts about the JioJoin App