Navratri 2015 Fasting Rules Vrat Rules Navratri Recipes: Navratri 2015 : Navratri fasting rules vrat rules Navratri Recipes : Navratri will be started from 13th October 2015 in India. It is the occasion in which Indians worship the goddess Durga and it Is the festival of nine days . People worship the nine avatar of Goddess Durga .
People also take fast or vrat in navratri , but as other fasts, these fasts also have some rules which must be followed by everyone.
Navratri 2015 Fasting rules
- In Navratri , consuming onion is not allowed, you can not eat onion directly or indirectly.
- You can not eat “ Ann “ like chapati , rice .
- But you can eat chapati made with “ Kuttu ka atta “ or “ Singhade ka atta “ and special rice made only for navratri fasts at one time only.
- You can eat Fruits.
- You should only use “ Saindha namak “ in your food.
- You can eat things related to “ Sabudana “, “ potato “.
Navratri 2015 spices and herbs allowed
- You can use “ Kala namak “ , “ Sendha Namak “ , “ Clove “ .
- Amchur Powder
- “ Dhaniya “ ,” Pudina “ and “ Kadi Patta “
- “ Red chilli “ ,” green chilli “, “ chaat masala “.
- “ Aijwain “ , “ ilaichi “ , “ lemons “ .
- Some people also use tomatoes
Navratri 2015 : Vegetables used in Navratri
- Potatoes ( Aaloo )
- Spinach ( Paalak )
- Paneer ( Cheese )
- Pumpkin or Petha
- Arbi or colocasia
- Sweet Potatoes ( Shakargandi )
- Carrot ( Gajar ) , cucumber ( Kheera ).