Aam Aadmi Party who is going to battle Punjab Assembly elections for the first time has released its first list of candidates who are going to fight Punjab elections 2017. It became the first party who has announced candidates list. List has 19 names which includes only women and others are men. Most of the names are activists and advocates in the list.
One popular name is H S Phoolka who unsuccessfully fough 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Ludhiana. Here is the full list :
- Ahbhaab Singh Grewal From Ludhiana
- Sajjan Singh Cheema from Sultanpur Lodhi – He is an Arjuna Awardee, basket ball player and a police officer.
- Inderbir Singh Nijjer from Amritsar – A social activist and a Doctor by profession is contesting election from Amritsar.
- Mohan Singh From ferozepur – He is a former MP and BSP state president and he is contesting from Ferozepur (Rural).
- Samarbir Singh Sidhu from Fazilka – He is a farmer by profession and fighting elections from Fazilka.
- Rajpreet Singh Sidhu from Ajnala – He is also an activist.
- Jagdeep Singh Brar from Sri Muktsar Sahib- He is a farmer and social activist.
- Gurdit Singh Sekhon from Faridkot – He is an activist in infamous Shruti kidnapping case and he is contesting from Fardikot.
Reliance Jio Has Launched JioFi Offer For HP Users
- Raj Kumar from Batachapur – A retired Brigadier from the Indian Army, who was a part of Indian Peace Keeping Force to Sri Lanka, is contesting from Batachapur.
- Gurvinder Singh Shampura from Fatehgarh Churian – He is an ex-municipal president from Ajnala, a former SGPC member.
- Gurpreet Singh Larpran from Payal – He is a small scale industrialist, contesting elections from Payal.
- Rupinder Kaur from Bathinda – She is the only women candidate in the list, L.L.M by education and contesting from Bhatinda.
- Jasvir Singh Sekh from Dhuri – Party’s activist and zonal Incharge from Sangrur, Jasvir Singh Sekhon is a nominee from Dhuri.
- Amarjeet Singh from Rupnagar- He is a small scale transporter, contesting elections from Rupanagar.
- Santokh Singh Salana from Bassi Pathana
Arvind Kejriwal Answers All Questions On Talk To AK
- H S Phoolka from Dakha – He is an Anna Hazare movement activist, a crusader for Sikh rights, a social activist doctor, infamous Shruti abduction case activist, an Arjuna awardee, a former member parliament of BSP and a retired brigadier. This is the history of HS Phoolka which makes him most popular face in this list.
- Kuttar Singh Sandhwa from Kotkapura – He is a health activist and is contesting from Kotakpura in Moga.
- Harjot Singh Bains from Sahnewal – He is associated with Anna Hazare Movement and he is also a social activist.
- Himmat Singh Shergill from SAS Nagar Mohali – He is a legal cell convenor and an advocate by profession. He had also lost Lok Sabha Elections from Mohali in 2014.
General Secretary Incharge Sanjay Singh said this is the first list which has 19 candidates name only where second list will be come out soon may be in August even.